Have you ever looked at the bins outside and said, which bins should be put out today? No doubt you will have checked your neighbours next door or across the road.
Well look no further, because in October 2016, Coventry City Council rolled out a mobile app called Your Rubbish believe it or not….but what can it help you with?
- Collection reminders – you can set up reminders so you’ll receive a notification every week to remind you of which bins to put out, and when to bring them back in
- What goes where? – an alphabetical list of common household wastes, with information about how to recycle or dispose of them
- How to dispose or recycle other wastes
- What items to put in each type of bin
- Cancelled collections – if bin collections are cancelled for any reason, such as heavy snow, the app will let you know not to put your bins out
Your Rubbish can be downloaded free from the iTunes app store for iPhone and iPad or the Google Play store for Android.
For more information, go to the Your Rubbish page.