There has been several incidents of burglary recently and Coventry Police are encouraging the public to keep the spring and summer burglar out especially during the recent warm spell by following the below advice.
Here are some simple steps everyone can take to improve their home security:
· Lock your doors behind you, even if you’re just out in the garden.
· Don’t leave attractive items such as bags, laptops and cash inside the door when you’ve got home.
· Always close and lock windows when you’re not in the room.
· Keep your keys out of view and not in reach of the letterbox or a cat flap.
· Don’t leave laptops / tablets or their power cables / chargers on show.
· Use your burglar alarm if you have one.
· Keep garden tools and ladders locked away and secure when not in use.
· Cancel the milk and newspapers when you go on holiday and find a trusted neighbour, friend or relative to move your post and open and close blinds and curtains.
· Use timer switches so that your lights come on if you’re not at home.