The OVO Womens Cycling Tour is coming to the area on Friday June 15th 2018. There will be some road closures in place close to Bannerbrook Park, namely the following:
- B4102 Fillongley Road to the Meriden roundabout.
- Meriden roundabout along Main Road and turn right before the pond on the Berkswell Road.
- Follows Berkswell Road up and down the hill and back up to the cross roads where Cornets End Lane and Back Lane meet on to the Meriden Road past the Bear Inn pub in Berkswell.
- The ride will continue up Spencer Lane and round the roundabout on to Duggins Lane all the way to the T-Junction with Station Avenue before the bridge at Tile Hill Station.
- They will turn right onto Cromwell Lane, then left on to Westwood Heath Road down to Kirby Corner by the Varsity Pub and on to Gibbet Hill Road where they will pass through the University of Warwick.
- They will then turn right on to the Coventry Road (A429) and head into Kenilworth.
For more information, see the Stage 3 page on the Womens Tour website.
Exact timings are on the ETA PDF.
Race starts at 10am in Atherstone and they should be through our local roads by 11am. However road closures will be in effect before these times. Yellow signs are already up on the affected roads.